Applications for new Concealed Pistol Licenses, or to renew your existing license are available at the Lynden Police Department or by clicking the link below.
New applications require fingerprinting, which is available by appointment only. Fingerprint records will be used to check the national criminal history records of the FBI. To make an appointment please call 360-354-2828.
Fingerprints are not required for renewals.
Fees for CPLs are as follows:
|Replacements for current valid CPLs||$10.00|
Fees are payable at the time of application and are non-refundable. Since the fees are not refundable, please pay close attention to the “prohibitive crimes” listed in the CPL application. If you have any questions at all regarding your eligibility to possess a firearm or obtain a CPL, please do not hesitate to ask prior to application.
- Please remember to bring your driver’s license, ID card, or other type of government issued picture identification which is required for your background check.
- You are required to be at least 21 years of age to apply for a Concealed Pistol License.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident alien, you are required to first obtain an Alien Firearms License from Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office.
- You must reside within the city limits of Lynden. If you live outside the city limits, please contact the city or county in which you reside.
- Concealed Pistol Licenses are valid for 5 years. You will not receive a renewal notice.
- Licenses may be renewed 90 days prior to the expiration date. A $10.00 late fee is charged for licenses that are brought in for renewal up to 90 days after the expiration date.
- Licenses cannot be renewed if expired for more than 90 days. You will be required to repeat the new application process.
- New Concealed Pistol Licenses will be issued within 30 days. Renewals are usually completed within 7-10 days. Your license will be mailed to you, unless you choose to pick it up in person.