City of Lynden Planning Commission
The Planning Commission is responsible for the review and oversight of many land use actions that occur in Lynden. They:
- Assist in the preparation and review of the City’s Comprehensive Plan
- Review and recommend changes to the City’s Development Regulations: Lynden Municipal Code: Title 16, 17, 18 & 19
- Analyze proposed changes to the City’s Urban Growth Area
- Review applications for annexations, long plats and Planned Residential Developments
- Oversight of the City’s Shoreline Management Program – including the approval of permits and variances
- Participate in planning related research efforts (affordable housing, development density, etc)
The Commission is a seven member mayoral appointed board. Commission members serve four year terms.
Current Vacancy: There is a current vacancy on the Commission and the City is accepting applications to fill this position.
Contact the Planning Department at 354-5532 if you have questions about the application.
Diane Veltkamp – Chair
Tim Faber – Vice-chair