The City of Lynden has established a Small Works Roster to expedite the solicitation and award of bids on small public works projects up to $300,000.00. Public Works projects include all work, construction, alteration, repair or improvement, other than ordinary maintenance, executed at the cost of the City, or which is by law a charge upon the City.
The purpose of the Small Works Roster is to form a pool of contractors for various small construction projects. The projects will, in general, require that:
- Prevailing wages be paid and documented in compliance with RCW 39.12.
- A Performance Bond may be required, in compliance with RCW 39.08, prior to beginning work.
- Depending on the contract amount, a 5% retainage may be withheld, per RCW 60.28.011.
- The contractor must hold a current Washington State Contractor’s License.
- The contractor must provide a certificate of insurance naming the City as additional insured as follows: 1) General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate 2) Automobile Liability $1,000,000 3) Worker’s Compensation and Employer’s Liability in the amount required by law and paid to date.
- The Contractor must have a satisfactory record of performance.
- The Contractor must have a City of Lynden Business License.
The application for Small Works Roster may be downloaded and sent to the City, or you may contact our office by phone at (360) 354-3446 for more information.