- 2nd Thursday of every month.
Special meetings are on the 4th Thursday but do not occur every month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Tim Faber, Chair
- Blair Scott, Vice-chair
- Khushdip Brar
- Darren Johnson
- Jim Kaemingk Jr.
- Bryan Korthuis
- Hollie Lyons
The Planning Commission is responsible for the review and oversight of many land use actions that occur in Lynden. They:
- Assist in the preparation and review of the City's Comprehensive Plan
- Review and recommend changes to the City's Development Regulations: Lynden Municipal Code: Title 16, 17, 18 and 19
- Analyze proposed changes to the City's Urban Growth Area
- Review applications for annexations, long plats and Planned Residential Developments
- Participate in planning related research efforts (affordable housing, development density, etc)
As the City continues to grow, serving on the Commission can be a rewarding experience in helping guide this growth. Service requires a time commitment that includes the review of land use application materials and one to two meetings per month. Importantly, Commissioners need to be able to examine project proposals with an objective mind in light of the existing City code. If you are interested in volunteering on the Commission, the application for appointment is linked below.