- Concealed Pistol License (CPL)
Concealed Pistol License (CPL)
Applications for new Concealed Pistol Licenses or to renew your existing CPL are available at the Lynden Police Department or download the Concealed Pistol License Application (PDF).
Fingerprints are required for the background check before your application is processed. A fingerprint appointment is required; please allow at least 20 to 30 minutes for the fingerprinting process. To make an appointment please call 360-354-2828.
Fingerprints are not required for renewals or replacements.
Concealed Pistol License Fees
- New Application: $49.25
- Renewal: $32
- Late Renewal: $42
- Replacements for Current Valid CPLs: $10
Fees are payable at the time of application and are non-refundable. Since the fees are not refundable, please pay close attention to the "prohibitive crimes" listed in the CPL application. If you have any questions at all regarding your eligibility to possess a firearm or obtain a CPL, please do not hesitate to ask prior to application.
Requirements & Further Information
- Please remember to bring your driver's license, ID card, or other type of government issued picture identification which is required for your background check.
- You are required to be at least 21 years of age to apply for a Concealed Pistol License.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen or a permanent legal resident alien, you are required to first obtain an Alien Firearms License from Whatcom County Sheriff's Office.
- You must reside within the city limits of Lynden. If you live outside the city limits, please contact the city or county in which you reside.
- Concealed Pistol Licenses are valid for 5 years. You may not receive a renewal notice from the Department of Licensing.
- Licenses may be renewed 90 days prior to the expiration date. A $10 late fee is charged for Licenses that are brought in for renewal up to 90 days after the expiration date.
- Licenses cannot be renewed if expired for more than 90 days. You will be required to repeat the new application process.
- Your Concealed Pistol License should be ready within 30 days. It will be mailed to you when it is ready.