The Lynden Police Department strives to hire individuals who possess outstanding integrity, who are mature, responsible, maintain high standards of performance, and qualify for public service. For this reason, all applicants must successfully pass a complete background check which may include the following:
- Any criminal activity and/or associations
- Drug and alcohol use
- Personal and/or legal behavior
- Employment history
- Financial/credit history
- Military service
- Investigation into any aspect of your behavior or your background which will confirm that you are qualified for the position.
If you would like to be notified when openings occur, you may either send us a letter or email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest. Your name will remain on the list for at least one year. If you wish to stay on the list, please contact us each year and we will be happy to update our list. Please include the following information:
- Position you are interested in (officers or support staff)
- Please specify if you have previous law enforcement experience, education, or other work that is relevant.