The City of Lynden has established a Small Works Roster to expedite the solicitation and award of bids on small public works projects up to $350,000.00 (as of July 28, 2019). Public Works projects include all work, construction, alteration, repair or improvement, other than ordinary maintenance, executed at the cost of the City, or which is by law a charge upon the City.
The purpose of the Small Works Roster is to form a pool of contractors for various small construction projects. The projects will, in general, require that:
- Prevailing wages be paid and documented in compliance with RCW 39.12.
- A Certification of Compliance with Wage Payment Statutes Form must be submitted as part of the bid package, per RCW 39.04.350, as modified by SSB5301.
- Unless exempt, in order to be considered a responsible bidder, beginning July 1, 2019, every bidder must complete training on public works requirements and prevailing wages (a public works contractor must verify responsibility criteria for each first-tier sub contractor, and a subcontractor of any tier that hires other subcontractors must verify responsibility criteria for each of its subcontractors. Verification shall include that each subcontractor, at the time of subcontract execution, meets the responsibility criteria listed in RCW 39.04.350(1)(g) and possesses an electrical contractor license, if required by chapter 19.28 RCW, or an elevator contractor license, if required by chapter 70.87 RCW. This verification requirement, as well as the responsibility criteria, must be included in every public works contract and subcontract of every tier.
- A Performance Bond may be required, in compliance with RCW 39.08, prior to beginning work.
- Depending on the contract amount, a retainage percentage or retainage bond may be withheld up to 45 days for subcontractor claims per RCW 60.28.011.
- The contractor must hold a current Washington State Contractor’s License.
- The contractor must provide a certificate of insurance naming the City as additional insured as follows: 1) General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 aggregate 2) Automobile Liability $1,000,000 3) Worker’s Compensation and Employer’s Liability in the amount required by law and paid to date.
- The Contractor must have a satisfactory record of performance.
- The Contractor must have a City of Lynden Business License.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage participation by all interested firms, including disadvantaged, minority-owned, women-owned, and emerging small business enterprises.
The application for Small Works Roster may be downloaded here: Small Works Roster Application and sent to the City, or you may contact our office by phone at (360) 354-3446 for more information.
Click here to download the Certification of Compliance with Wage Payment Statutes: Contractor Certificate of Wage Payment Compliance